Monday, March 2, 2015

Be still and Know

 
After having this precious little girl in our home for 6 months her adoption was finalized on Feb 13th, 2015! She is officially a Blythe! She has blessed our family so much! My husband and I continually say "I can't believe she's ours forever" "Can she be any cuter!?" Its getting quite ridiculous, but of course we will continue to say those things. And let me tell you!!!!........her smile is bigger than those huge brown eyes!
My husband and I are still in shock with how fast the process was. The only reason it went so fast was because of our Mighty God! When we first brought Layla into our home we thought it would only be temporary. The chances of adoption were slim to non, but we did know that one of God's precious children needed a home and we were going to give it to her no matter what the outcome would be.
Layla's adoption Day! 43 family and friends crammed in the judges chambers


After having Layla for a couple weeks we were talking to our friends at church about Layla. They were asking questions like: Where she was born, what day, and if she had any complications. I didn't know much about her birth but I did know her birthday and the Hospital. Funny thing, their son has the same birthday and was born in the same hospital. My friend continued to tell me about a little girl in the NICU that her son was also in. As she would feed her son she could see this little baby in the next room. She noticed there were no visitors seeing this baby girl and that the nurses would be the one feeding her. Every time she fed her son she would look into the other room at this baby girl and pray for her, she prayed that the Lord would bring a family into her life that would raise her to know Him. She then told me that the baby girl's name was Layla......That was my Layla!  My friend prayed for my daughter two years before I even met her! From day one God was holding my precious daughter....His precious daughter and was preparing her life for her, a life that would bring her joy and a family.

Here's the family that Prayed for our daughter
 
God continued to work in amazing ways with Layla's story. There was a court hearing coming up. This hearing was a review hearing, which means, they would review where Layla was and how she was doing then have another hearing in 6 months to talk about adoption. It got us excited because we knew adoption was on the table now! Well the hearing day came and went. I wasn't expecting to hear anything about it but I got an email from the social worker with the words: PARENTAL RIGHT TERMINATED! How could this be? We were no where close to this step. She continued to tell me that the judge was a visiting judge. Normally visiting judges postpone any decisions on the case until the regular judge is back. She was as shocked as I was. The visiting judge looked at Layla's file then our file and noticed that the parents didn't show up and made the decision that it would be best for Layla to stay with us and he terminated all rights. Praise the Lord! This quickened the process by almost a year! God knew from the start that Layla was going to be ours forever, even in that hospital when she was alone. I couldn't hold her then but I know that God had been holding her that whole time and preparing us for this time we are in.

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
 
 



 
 
 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment