Monday, February 11, 2013

The parental rights have been Terminated!

The moment that Jaron and I have been waiting for for almost a year:) Although the  word "terminated" is such a powerful scary word in this case it was music to our ears! I still find myself with the biggest smile on my face constantly kissing and hugging Bret; to the point of bret pushing me away and shaking his head no when I try to kiss him :) But I'll excuse him of those actions....he's a boy :) We are SOOOOO ready to sign those adoption papers and make Bret an official Blythe! Jaron and I keep talking about how blessed we are with Bret being our son! He constantly has us laughing and awing over him.
Thank you so much to all of you that have been keeping my family in your prayers! Jaron and I are so incredibly blessed to have such an amazing support group and prayer warriors surrounding us! This process has definitely been an emotional roller coaster and we can finally see the ending! I just can't wait to show Brets face to all of you!

This song is one that I kept listening to over and over again during the process. There is no way that you can guard your heart when you bring a child into your home. The moment Bret came into our home we saw him as our son! We knew going into this that there might be a chance that he would get taken away but that never stopped us from loving him with all our heart! Our hearts are overflowing with Joy and emotions that I just can't put into words after hearing that this fear of possibly losing Bret is finally over! He's going to be ours FOREVER!


This may sound weird and a little crazy to you but as these last couple days have gone by I can't help but think of the Bio-Father. My thoughts and feelings have been so harsh towards him through this process. Thinking to myself and at times out loud.."How could someone give up so easily?" "who wouldn't want this baby!?" "He is so Selfish!!" "He is nothing to Bret!" "He's choosing Drugs over Bret!" and unfortunately the list goes on. Can some of these things be true?....sure they can....and at times he proved them to be true. But what keeps making me want to grab my words and shove them back into my mouth is remembering that He is still a person that God loves and wants him to become his child.  I didn't want to pray for this guy during our process.....but I knew I had too. It makes me laugh a little now but one of the things I would kept telling Jaron as I struggled to pray for this Bio-father was, "Can I pray that he changes his life and lives to serve the Lord AFTER Bret is adopted!?" I admit...I was nervous, I was nervous for this man to turn his life around and Bret getting taken away from us. I knew the Lord was holding all of us in His hands and protecting us but even the thought of something like that happening made me cringe with fear.
This man needs the Lord so bad! He has been battling with his addiction for quite some time now. I really do mean this when I say it...I want him to change his life and get out of the bottomless pit he is in (ok, I'm saying that freely now because Bret is ours!), One of the things that our Social Worker mentioned was on the day his rights were terminated he was grateful. He had written us a letter a while back thanking us for taking such great care for Bret and loving him. Even though at times he wanted to fight for Bret it was like he knew that he couldn't give him what he deserved and we were the better fit for Bret.
Just like how Bret is being adopted into our family....I want this man to be adopted into God's family!

This Blog post was not what I had planned to write about, but it was something that was laid on my heart and something I have been struggling with.

So lets go back to the exciting news! BRET IS GOING TO BE OFFICIALLY A BLYTHE!!!!!!!!!!

um...and also Ive noticed on this post that random words are being underlined. I dont know why. Hopefully that wont show after I post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment